Thursday, September 5, 2013

Carol Singer Trecartin


After graduation in 1963, I went to work for a year at the Prudential Insurance Co… disliked it so much, I decided to go to college and get my degree and was lucky to get accepted at Northeastern University…went for a 2 year stint and transferred to Keene State College ….thought I might like to be a special education teacher after my work study through Northeastern ….met my husband, got married and had 2 children who gave us five fabulous grandchildren! We divorced after 20 years and since the kids were grown, I then focused on building my Interior Design business, Carol’s Custom Draperies and teaching yoga… I actually taught yoga at Saugus High adult education for 15 years. Currently teach at NSCC and N. Reading Recreational department. So I did get to teach after all!

I was then also free to travel to England, Germany, Amsterdam, Vienna, Budapest, Belgium, Thailand, Senegal, Brazil, Hawaii, Sicily, Costa Rica, Nova Scotia, lots of islands in the Caribbean, …and one of my favorite islands…Cuba. I still have a sense of wanderlust and will continue traveling.
Along the way, I learned how to dance and spend lots of fun time on the dance floor. I got into African drumming after my YogaDance training and find it helps with the dancing, although I’m not very good at either one.

I recently took up making beaded jewelry, just for the creativity and hope to get a website up and running soon.

I’m happy to still be around for our 50th class reunion, as I recently almost croaked after a serious car accident last September while visiting my brother in Albuquerque.

It will be great to connect with everyone after all these years!
CAROL SINGER TRECARTIN CLASS OF 1963

No comments:

Post a Comment